Monday, January 16, 2017

Cundle Family Wills




Will of Thomas Cundle: Barrie June 1892

The inventory and evaluation of Thomas Cundle totals $19,249.

The following is a transcription of the testimony of Thomas Cundle given with his lawyers in 1872.

This is tha last will and testament of me Thomas Cundle of the township of Vespra in the County of Simcoe.  I give ___ to my wife Elizabeth Cundle all the estate real  and personal that I now own or shall __ possess of with full power as authority to sell, dispose of ____ the same or part or portion therof for the benefit and advancement of our children ___ the true intent and meaning of the said will being that my said wife shall have the full and absolute control after my decease of all my property for her own maintenance and the maintenance and education of our children in the first place and to make such division in allotment of said property or any part thereof amongst them or any of them either during her lifetime or ___ I appoint my said wife the sole executrix of this my last will and testament and the guardian of our said children.
Notes:
1 Horizontal lines denote words or phrases not included because they did not contribute to the genealogical information.
2 Elizabeth Cundle is Elizabeth Smith.
3 The value of the estate in today's currency would be in the millions.
-----------------------------------

Will of Richard Smith Cundle: Barrie 1907

The inventory and valuation of real estate lists 6 properties with a total value of $16,550.

The following is a transcription of the testimony of Richard Smith Cundle.

This is the last will and testament of Mr. Richard Smith Cundle of the town of Barrie ____
    I give _____ and Baymouth to my mother Elizabeth Cundle.  All my ___ and personal property whatsoever and wheresoever to hold the same for her own use for her life whatsover with power to her to divide the same at her discretion between my sister and two brothers in such ___ and in such a way as to __ my ___ ___  said  ____ to be exercised ___  __  ___ and Will.
Notes:
Richard Smith Cundle was the stay-at-home son who took over business details and management from his father.  He served on the town council as did his father.  His mother must have turned most properties over to this man since  she no longer has them 5 years later.  The other children likely  were given  properties as well. 
-------------------------------------

Will of Elizabeth Cundle: Barrie 1912

The inventory and valuation of real estate lists 2 properties and funds from the Richard Smith Cundle estate  totalling $5002. 

The following are transcriptions from the will and testimony of Elizabeth Cundle.

This is the last will and testaments of me Elizabeth Cundle of the town of Barrie in the County of Simcoe.   The widow and ___ in trust and the sole executrix of Thomas Cundle ___  and ___  Richard Smith Cundle in his lifetime ___.
     I give (various monies and properties) ___ and ____ to my son Archibald Charles Cundle of Butte Montana for his own use ___
    I give to my daughter Elizabeth Maria McCarthy the piano that's in our house.  ___ equally share and share alike between my two said sons Archibald Charles Cundle and William Ardagh Cundle and my daughter Eliazabeth Marie McCarthy ____

The petition of William Ardagh Cundle of the city of Great Falls Montana formerly of the town of Barrie, druggist and Archibald Charles Cundle of the said town of Barrie, gentleman

Notes:
1 Most of the original properties had already been dispersed to the children before Elizabeth's death.
2 Archibald Charles Cundle may have moved back from Butte Montana at his mother's death but William Ardagh Cundle seems to still be living in Great Falls Montana.
3 William Ardagh Cundle was a "druggist".   


No comments:

Post a Comment